News Item }

Flash Burn from Hand Sanitizer

by Allan Whetter | May 01, 2020
The vapour from an alcohol based hand sanitizer ignited due to static electricity, causing burns to both hands.

 

A Gassco employee used an alcohol based hand sanitizer as recommended during the COVID-19 pandemic. The individual touched a metal surface before the liquid evaporated. Due to static electricity, the vapour from the hand sanitizer ignited with an almost invisible flame on both hands. The person quickly managed to get to a sink to extinguish the flames and suffered first and second degree burns on the hands.

Read More

To Top